Now you don’t have to visit France to have a nibble of these great crepes. They’re not hard to make – simply your basic crepes – and you can fill them anyway you like. I need to have mine as I generally did as a kid, which is to state, sprinkled with granulated sugar and pressed with lemon juice. Yet, we live in a more revolting age now, and kids nowadays like theirs spread with Nutella!
Ingredients (for 3 servings):
- All purpose flour/ Maida – 2/3 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Eggs – 2
- Milk – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 1/2 tsp
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, eggs, milk and oil. Mix it well
- Refrigerate the batter for 20 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium flame. Lightly coat it with butter. Add 1/3 of the batter and swirl to completely cover the bottom of a nonstick pan. Cook for 2- 3 minutes until bottom sides of crepe is golden brown. Flip the crepe carefully and cook it for further 1-2 minutes.
- Spread a layer of Nutella or chocolate almond over half of the crepe and lay sliced strawberries/ banana on the chocolate spread.
- Serve the crepe with whipped cream.